Monday, October 16, 2006
Peering at animals peering at me
Today I enjoyed a pleasant excursion to the zoo, but boy am I exhausted! It was the most glorious day weatherwise and Sarah, Josh and Nicholas were good company. It had been a long while since I enjoyed all the delights the zoo had to offer and I found myself as excited as a child as we made our way around. :D

Numbered amongst my favourite were the Meerkats and tigers, and yes, I avoided the elephants. ;p

Viewing the tigers brought back memories of my holiday in Queensland just after I was released from the rehab centre. The holiday(shared with a few friends) gave me a chance ground myself a little. I can't change what happened to me, but I can choose not to dwell on it and put it behind me. What was it that the character Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption said? "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying". I have chosen the former and part of that process was the holiday in Queensland...where we visited all the different "worlds", such as Dreamworld (home of the aforementioned tigers), Sea World, Movie World, Wet'n'Wild and the Australian Zoo (more about that in another entry) of course.

I'll upload some more photos of my holiday and my trip to the zoo later, but here are a couple taken it Queensland (excuse the lack of quality they were taken by a disposable cam) and a scan of my super pass for the plethora of adventure and theme parks.







 
Posted at 7:56 pm by Anonymous ¤ ¤
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home