Saturday, September 23, 2006
The road is long
It has been so long since I have been here, I wasn't sure whether it still existed or indeed if I could remember the password. I'm not sure how much I'll get to say in this entry...it is a much slower process for me to write an entry now. Hopefully once I have my new Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition program up and running properly things will be a whole lot easier, currently it still has a few bugs to be ironed out.

There is so much to say, and I have not the faintest idea where to start.

Anyone reading here in the past would know that I have MS, and epilepsy; what seems like a lifetime ago now I had a mild stroke (ischemic) brought on by an episode of status elepticus (an epileptic seizure that doesn't stop, and without medical intervention can be fatal). I don't remember my first weeks in hospital as I had been placed into a medically induced coma to give my brain a chance to rest, and recover (I'll go into more detail in later entries). The stroke I suffered was only mild, but with my MS the effects were exacerbated somewhat...after my initial hospital stay, and deemed sufficiently recovered enough to be discharged I was moved to a rehab (physical not drug) centre where I underwent months of physical therapy, speech therapy, and occupational therapy...Yay? Whilst in rehab I had two stints back in the hospital, the first one due to the recurrence of pneumonia, and a partial collapse of my right lung (a common side effect of being on a ventilator for a lengthy period), the second for more problems arising from my epilepsy. The staff were wonderful, both nursing and therapists, but the last month of my stay I was itching to be anywhere but there. Finally I was released into the care of who I like to call my "third" parent, Julie where I stayed until I was capable of living on my own again.

So many things have changed...my house has been sold, and when the building has been completed I'll be moving into my new purpose built home...a home that later on as my MS progresses will be able to accommodate my needs. I have daily therapy routines, and even more medication to take on a daily basis. :( There are many things I cannot, and will never ever be able to do now or again. The entire scope of my life has changed, so much so I find it difficult to remember how it used to be. The main thing is that life goes on, and I'm not ready to throw in the towel in regards to my battle with MS, and making more headway in my rehab recovery.

It has taken me ages to write this much, so I think I'll leave it here for the moment. I still have plenty more that I wish to put into writing, must of all directed at those who worried, and cared about my well being and whereabouts...so, I hope you all (whoever may happen upon this blog) can bear with me for a little longer...
 
Posted at 9:36 pm by Anonymous ¤ ¤
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home