Thursday, October 19, 2006
What's in a name?
Very few people I know actually like the names they were given when they entered this world, even if every other person has a different view of their moniker and I am no exception. Many a time I have wondered what posessed my parents when they chose Chrissa Beth for me to carry through the sum total of my days on this earth.

Okay, I admit that I wouldn't like to have a name that every Tom, Dick and Jane has, but Chrissa? I want to be able to buy those dinky little note pads that come in a vast range of boys or girls names. Or how about a key ring tag emblazoned with my name? Nope they don't come with Chrissa either. Anything I have ever had that is tagged with my name I've had to have it custom made.

So...this is a roundabout way of openingly wondering the why or how parents bless or curse their offspring with the names that they do. I mean what were Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin thinking when they named their daughter Apple? Or Geri Halliwell when she named her child Bluebell Madonna?

And me? Where is it that my parents unearthed the name Chrissa Beth? Meet the original--my great grandmother...
I have no idea of the exact date that the picture was taken only that it was in the last part of the 1800's.
 
Posted at 8:16 pm by Anonymous ¤ ¤
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methinks you need to make a visit to an optometrist. ;p

7:21 pm, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methinks your humbleness as to your beauty is well rehearsed ;)

11:32 am, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home