Monday, November 06, 2006
Picking up the strands of my life
I unpacked one of my beloved telescopes today in the hope that I will be able to lift my gaze to the heavens in the coming days. As I unpacked my telescope I realised that I had missed gazing through an eyepiece enormously. Astronomy had been one of my favourite hobbies and one that would see me pass many a happy hour. Unpacking that telescope also made me see how many things I had let slip, how many things I had left wanting...not only in regards to hobbies and interests, but many other aspects of my life. I am happy to report that as the title of this entry suggests I am slowing picking up the strands of my life and more importantly, I'm having fun doing it. :)



When I heard the learn'd astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander'd off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look'd up in perfect silence at the stars.
-Walt Whitman

Labels: , ,

 
Posted at 9:22 pm by Anonymous ¤ ¤
1 Comments:
Blogger this is me said...

I'm so happy to see some one who likes Walt Whitman. He's one of my favoutites. Good going.

10:35 pm, January 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home